Spicy Filet Mignon Recipe
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1. Combine the seasonings; rub over steaks. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spicy Filet Mignon
"I love it"
"Great recipe! I've already mixed up more of this rub to keep on hand for other steaks. Yummm!"
"Has a nice kick, but not over the top burn your mouth. I have used top sirloin as well as venison steaks, both with great results. Also serve this steak with the Asparagus Mornay and use the sauce for both asparagus and steak.....yummy!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.