Spicy Filet Mignon
I adapted this recipe from a seasoning I saw for blackened catfish. Because these steaks have a lot of kick, I make a more mellow side dish, like buttered potatoes or grilled fresh vegetables. —Vera Kobiako, Jupiter, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- Combine the seasonings; rub over steaks. Grill, covered, over
- indirect medium heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.