- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- Combine the seasonings; rub over steaks. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spicy Filet Mignon
Sort By :
Has a nice kick, but not over the top burn your mouth. I have used top sirloin as well as venison steaks, both with great results. Also serve this steak with the Asparagus Mornay and use the sauce for both asparagus and steak.....yummy!