Spicy Fajita Chili Recipe
You’ll want to serve this with rolls or corn bread to soak up every delicious drop. Like more heat? Just use spicier versions of V8 juice and chili beans.—Cathy Bell, Joplin, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) V8 juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Drain.
- 3. Stir in the V8 juice, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without cheese) equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC