You’ll want to serve this with rolls or corn bread to soak up every delicious drop. Like more heat? Just use spicier versions of V8 juice and chili beans.—Cathy Bell, Joplin, Missouri
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) V8 juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the V8 juice, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Spicy Fajita Chili in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p37
Reviews for Spicy Fajita Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review