Spicy Egg Bake Recipe
“This family favorite makes a wonderful brunch dish served with muffins and fresh fruit.” It’s also a great way to use up extra taco meat. Adjust the heat by choosing a hotter or milder salsa. Michelle Jibben - Springfield, MN
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 481 calories, 32 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 327 mg cholesterol, 981 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC