Spicy Egg Bake
“This family favorite makes a wonderful brunch dish served with muffins and fresh fruit.” It’s also a great way to use up extra taco meat. Adjust the heat by choosing a hotter or milder salsa.
Michelle Jibben - Springfield, MN
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat
- butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat
- until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bubbly and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 481 calories, 32 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 327 mg cholesterol, 981 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.