- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Egg Bake
"Big hit with my kids. For the taco meat I used half ground turkey and half ground beef. Also added a few hash browns. Would also be good with a can of green chilis added. This is a keeper."
"I made this for my Bible study group and they all loved it, my husband loved it and I shared it with some dear friends and they loved it. So, in a nutshell, it is great, I highly recommend it."
"I loved this! I added mushrooms and black olives and used a southwestern flavored egg substitute for most of the eggs. I did end up increasing the cooking time to about 25 mins to make sure it was heated through."
"I added mushrooms and loved it"
"I used sausage instead of beef and added browned hashbrowns. Loved it!"
"Very easy to do and DELICIOUS! I would recommend it to you all... :)"
"Made this for the VBS teachers for breakfast. adults and teens like it!"