This family favorite makes a wonderful brunch dish served with muffins and fresh fruit. It's also a great way to use up extra taco meat. Adjust the heat by choosing a hotter or milder salsa. —Michelle Jibben, Springfield, Minnesota
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Egg Bake in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p31
Reviews for Spicy Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review