- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spicy Egg Bake
Sort By :
Big hit with my kids. For the taco meat I used half ground turkey and half ground beef. Also added a few hash browns. Would also be good with a can of green chilis added. This is a keeper.
I made this for my Bible study group and they all loved it, my husband loved it and I shared it with some dear friends and they loved it. So, in a nutshell, it is great, I highly recommend it.
I loved this! I added mushrooms and black olives and used a southwestern flavored egg substitute for most of the eggs. I did end up increasing the cooking time to about 25 mins to make sure it was heated through.
I added mushrooms and loved it
I used sausage instead of beef and added browned hashbrowns. Loved it!