Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen edamame pods
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 52 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now