Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen edamame pods
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Edamame in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p201
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Edamame
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2013
"Way too much ginger. Maybe the amount is a misprint?"