Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen edamame pods
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Edamame in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p201
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Edamame
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review