Spicy Curried Nuts Recipe
Whenever we are expecting guests, I whip up a batch of these nuts to snack on before dinner. There are never any left overs!—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 pound walnut halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add pecans and walnuts; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 275° for 50 minutes or until nuts are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 183 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Curried Nuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC