Spicy Curried Nuts
Whenever we are expecting guests, I whip up a batch of these nuts to snack on before dinner. There are never any left overs!Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 pound walnut halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add pecans and
- walnuts; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer in an ungreased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 275° for 50 minutes or until nuts are golden brown,
- stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 183 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.