Spicy Curried Chicken Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add the curry, garlic, cumin, salt, ginger, paprika and cayenne; saute 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add tomatoes and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups chicken (calculated without pasta) equals 211 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.