In Westmoreland, Tennessee, Daucia Brooks brings a little heat to supper time with this speedy meal-in-one. "Not all of my family members like to eat low-fat foods," she notes, "but they regularly request the dish."
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add the curry, garlic, cumin, salt, ginger, paprika and cayenne; saute 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Curried Chicken in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Curried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review