- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add the curry, garlic, cumin, salt, ginger, paprika and cayenne; saute 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Curried Chicken
"Very disappointing. Amount of tomatoes too much. Flavour good but family would not eat it due to ratio of tomatoes to other ingredients."
"Make this frequently and keep forgetting to rate it and keep in my recipe box so I can find it more quickly. Serve it with jasmine rice rather than pasta and with some naan."