Spicy Cucumber Salad Recipe
Salting the cucumbers make them crisp and crunchy for the salad. Adding the soy sauce and sesame oil make them sensation and wonder change from vinegar or mayonnaise-coated cukes. I made this for a faculty picnic one year and it was a hit.—Kelly Gardner, Alton, Illinois
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- Place cucumbers in a strainer over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Transfer cucumbers to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, sugar and curry paste; pour over cucumbers and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Cucumber Salad in Summer Slow Cooker Meals Bookazine 2013
Reviews for Spicy Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review