Salting the cucumbers make them crisp and crunchy for the salad. Adding the soy sauce and sesame oil make them sensation and wonder change from vinegar or mayonnaise-coated cukes. I made this for a faculty picnic one year and it was a hit.—Kelly Gardner, Alton, Illinois
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- Place cucumbers in a strainer over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Transfer cucumbers to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, sugar and curry paste; pour over cucumbers and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Cucumber Salad in Summer Slow Cooker Meals Bookazine 2013
Reviews for Spicy Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review