Spicy Crunchy Veggies Recipe
This simple salad offers a lot of crunch and plenty of spice. I like topping it off with ranch-flavored almonds instead of toasting them myself.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in cheese. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, seasoning blend and salt. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC