Spicy Creamed Corn Recipe
"One of my family's favorite vegetables is corn, and this quick corn dish is so easy to prepare," assures Nancy McDonald of Burns, Wyoming. "It tastes delicious and goes very well with turkey and chicken. It's a simple way to add a touch of spice to your meal."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Cook over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended, stirring often. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 162 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC