Spicy Cranberry Warmer Recipe
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole allspice
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. Place first three ingredients in a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with a kitchen string. Place with cider in a large saucepan. (Or, if desired, place loose spices in saucepan and strain before serving.)
- 2. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cranberry juice and heat to simmering temperature. Serve hot in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 122 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Spicy Cranberry Warmer
"This is great for those crisp fall days. Thank you for sharing."
"Substituted ground cinnamon and nutmeg for the cinnamon sticks and allspice, and then put those into a coffee filter inside of a tea strainer. It actually worked, too! Very good, my picky little brother even liked it. A bit sweet though, might use less brown suger next time."