- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole allspice
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- Place first three ingredients in a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with a kitchen string. Place with cider in a large saucepan. (Or, if desired, place loose spices in saucepan and strain before serving.)
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cranberry juice and heat to simmering temperature. Serve hot in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Cranberry Warmer
Sort By :
"This is great for those crisp fall days. Thank you for sharing."
"Substituted ground cinnamon and nutmeg for the cinnamon sticks and allspice, and then put those into a coffee filter inside of a tea strainer. It actually worked, too! Very good, my picky little brother even liked it. A bit sweet though, might use less brown suger next time."