Spicy Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups halved fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups cranberries, sugar and orange peel. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the cranberries are softened. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining berries and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Combine the eggs, sour cream and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 3. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 loaves each).
1 slice: 126 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Spicy Cranberry Nut Bread
"Maxine Smith if you get a chance try my Mushroom Spanish Rice receipe I had printed. And then rate it, let me know how you like it. OK Thanks Stephanie"
"I read a review from Nov. 09,2009 paininthebut. This woman probably didn't bother to try this receipe. I thought the same thing about some liquid being missing from this receipe. But the cranberries, sugar and orange peel does make a great tasting liquid. I would recommend this receipe to anyone. Maxine Smith you did a great job with this nut bread. It very moist and very flavorful, and it's not a pain in the butt to make, it's very simple. Stephanie Papachristos Manchester, NH"
"How can you boil cranberries, sugar and orange peel ? I think some liquid has to be missing from this recipe."