Spicy Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
Whenever Maxine Smith of Owanka, South Dakota serves slices of this favorite treat, someone asks for her recipe. "It's a moist, dark holiday bread chock-full of old-fashioned, spicy goodness," she notes.
- 2-1/2 cups halved fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups cranberries, sugar and orange peel. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the cranberries are softened. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining berries and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Combine the eggs, sour cream and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 3. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 loaves each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 126 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Cranberry Nut Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC