- 2-1/2 cups halved fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups cranberries, sugar and orange peel. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the cranberries are softened. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining berries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Combine the eggs, sour cream and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 loaves each).
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Bread in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p17
Reviews for Spicy Cranberry Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review