Spicy Cran-Apple Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop and apples are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; mash if desired.
- Transfer to a large bowl; chill until serving. Yield: about 5 cups.
Reviews for Spicy Cran-Apple Sauce(3)
Sort By :
Made for Thanksgiving last year, used the leftovers on turkey sandwiches and reheated and put over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Have already been asked to make again for this upcoming Thanksgiving and I'm excited about having leftovers! I really enjoy the extra flavor and spice this sauce has.
This came out excellent! I did substitute 2 medium pears for the dried plums and added 1/4 cup of honey when cooking. To mash or not to mash? I mashed 1/2 and mixed together. Everyone loved it at Thanksgiving!
excellent recipe. My family says to please always use this recipe for cranberry sauce in future. I did not have a can of pineapple so I substituted fresh peeled and chopped clementines and some water to make up for the pineapple juice. The spices were just right. I put some in a pretty glass jar for a hostess gift as we were going out to a family dinner the day I made it. It was great with our chicken dinner. I added some to my greek yogurt for breakfast. It goes with lots of things.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >