- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in crab; mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 4 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Crab Dip
Sort By :
"This was a huge hit at my party. I added pickled jalapenos for extra flavor and spice. Definitely best served warm."
"I brought this to a party, and it was the hit of the party, everyone wants the recipe."
"Great taste and simple to make, what could be better"
"I like mine with a little chopped up celery to give it crunch and color. I remember when imitation crab first came out many years ago, it was spelled with a K to differentiate it from real crabmeat in recipes. The original marketers might have spelled it that way, also."
"Imitation Crab meat adds color to this recipe. You could use 2 cans crab meat, drained and some Imitation crab meat for eye appeal."