With cayenne pepper and hot sauce (both optional!), this delicious dip doubles up on the heat. Chock-full of crabmeat, this appetizer feels special, yet it only takes minutes to prepare. -Carol Forcum of Marion, Illinois
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in crab; mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Crab Dip in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review