- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in crab; mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 4 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Crab Dip
Sort By :
This was a huge hit at my party. I added pickled jalapenos for extra flavor and spice. Definitely best served warm.
I brought this to a party, and it was the hit of the party, everyone wants the recipe.
Great taste and simple to make, what could be better
I like mine with a little chopped up celery to give it crunch and color. I remember when imitation crab first came out many years ago, it was spelled with a K to differentiate it from real crabmeat in recipes. The original marketers might have spelled it that way, also.
Imitation Crab meat adds color to this recipe. You could use 2 cans crab meat, drained and some Imitation crab meat for eye appeal.