Spicy Crab Dip Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in crab; mix well.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoons dip (calculated without crackers or vegetables) equals 82 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.