Spicy Crab Dip
With cayenne pepper and hot sauce (both optional!), this delicious dip doubles up on the heat. Chock-full of crabmeat, this appetizer feels special, yet it only takes minutes to prepare. -Carol Forcum of Marion, Illinois
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and
- process until smooth. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir
- in crab; mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve
- warm with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons dip (calculated without crackers or vegetables) equals 82 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as