Spicy Corned Beef Recipe
- 2 corned beef briskets (about 3 pounds each)
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1 medium carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 celery rib with leaves, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1. Place corned beef in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Add the onion, carrot, celery and pickling spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Transfer corned beef to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; discard broth and vegetables. Score the surface of meat with shallow diagonal cuts.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and mustard; spread over meat. Drizzle with pickle juice. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour, basting occasionally. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Corned Beef
"I made this last year for St. Patty's day...it was outstanding....I made it EXACTLY as the recipe stated. Its a keeper!"
"My family loves this recipe !"
"Very good. The whole family enjoyed it and the kids were thrilled that there was no cabbage accompanying the corn beef."
"6 tablespoons mayonnaise2 tablespoons prepared mustard2 tablespoons white sugar2 tablespoons honey2 tablespoons white wine vinegar4 tablespoons heavy cream4 tablespoons celery seed1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish"
"I found a recipe on the internet years ago, it was a sauce to pour on the cabbage. If my memory serves me it had honey, mayo, dijon mustard, and maybe horseradish? you cooked the cabbage and then poured this sauce over it. It was saved to my computer that crashed. I cannot for the life of me find this recipe on the internet now. Have spent hours upon hours looking. I believe you could put it on the corned beef as well and put under broiler. Anybody have anything similar... my husband loved it and i would like to find it to prepare for him."