Spicy Corn on the Cob
“Being from Louisiana, we like everything hot…even our vegetables,” writes Glenda Ardoin from Hessmer. “This is one of our summer favorites.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large ears sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fill a large saucepan half full with water; bring to a boil. Add
- corn; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat oil and butter over low heat
- until butter is melted. Stir in the jalapeno, cumin and pepper.
- Drain corn; brush with butter mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn equals 191 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.