This coleslaw is great for cookouts, group outings or anytime you want to add some spice to your menu. The green peppers and green onions really bring this dish to life - and it's good for you, too!
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup spicy vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cucumber, tomato, green pepper and
- green onions; set aside. In a small bowl, combine remaining
- ingredients; mix well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours; stir before serving. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared without added salt) equals 26 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.