Spicy Coleslaw Recipe
This coleslaw is great for cookouts, group outings or anytime you want to add some spice to your menu. The green peppers and green onions really bring this dish to life - and it's good for you, too!
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup spicy vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cucumber, tomato, green pepper and green onions; set aside. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss gently. Cover and chill for 2 hours; stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Coleslaw in Country Extra September 1993, p51
Reviews for Spicy Coleslaw(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review