Spicy Coconut Chicken Strips Recipe
My family has always enjoyed Thai food, but we really love chicken curry. Since we have a two-year-old son, I wanted to make something that he would eat. Since his favorite food is chicken strips, I started making the strips with some curry flavor. Now my family prefers these even more than my chicken curry.—Daniel Fox, Queen Creek, Arizona
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, curry paste and cornstarch until smooth. In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut, flour and chili powder. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with coconut mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry chicken, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until heated through, stirring once. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings (2/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Spicy Coconut Chicken Strips in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p146
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Coconut Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review