Spicy Citrus Salad Recipe
Cooking is a favorite hobby of mine. Everyone jokes about my numerous cookbooks and five recipe boxes! I'm always on the lookout for something new and flavorful, so when I received this salad recipe from my nephew's wife, I just had to try it. The unique blend of flavors was a hit!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 18 pitted ripe olives, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients. Stir in the oranges, parley and olives. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, place greens in a salad bowl. Spoon dressing over top and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC