Cooking is a favorite hobby of mine. Everyone jokes about my numerous cookbooks and five recipe boxes! I'm always on the lookout for something new and flavorful, so when I received this salad recipe from my nephew's wife, I just had to try it. The unique blend of flavors was a hit!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 18 pitted ripe olives, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients. Stir in the oranges, parley and olives. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, place greens in a salad bowl. Spoon dressing over top and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Citrus Salad in Country Extra November 1991, p49
Reviews for Spicy Citrus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review