Spicy Citrus Gelatin Mold Recipe
“This old family recipe is delicious served with ham or turkey,” shares Joan Hallford from North Richland Hills, Texas. “The sour cream dressing adds a nice tang and everyone comes back for seconds when I serve it.”
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 2-1/2 cups; pour into a large saucepan. Add the cinnamon stick, cloves and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Strain liquid; discard spices.
- Return liquid to pan and return to a boil. In a large bowl, combine the lemon and orange gelatins; add boiling liquid and stir until dissolved. Stir in cranberry and lemon juices. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 45 minutes. Fold in mandarin oranges. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Unmold gelatin onto a serving platter; serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Citrus Gelatin Mold in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Spicy Citrus Gelatin Mold(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Jello Desserts >