Looking for an easy, one skillet meal for dinner tonight? This satisfying dish has a fresh, Southwestern flavor the two of you will warm up to! -Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
- 1/4 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 tomatillos, husks removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco or diced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Crumble chorizo into a small skillet; add tomatillos. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat is fully cooked. Add the rice, onion, celery leaves, carrot, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chorizo & Shrimp Rice For 2 in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Chorizo & Shrimp Rice For 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review