Spicy Chorizo & Shrimp Rice Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or diced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; add tomatillos. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat is fully cooked. Add the rice, onion, celery leaves, carrot, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Chorizo & Shrimp Rice(2)
Sort By :
beautifully easy and spicy good. only possible improvement would be to toss in a few more shrimp!
Used hot Italian sausage in this. It was very spicy and very good! I really liked working with the tomatillos.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >