Spicy Chipotle Snack Mix
My family craves anything flavored with chipotle--and this spicy snack fills the bill. It's great for last-minute get-togethers because it takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and
- peanuts. In a small bowl, combine the butter and spices; pour over
- cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times.
- Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight containers.
- Yield: about 2-3/4 quarts.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.