My family craves anything flavored with chipotle--and this spicy snack fills the bill. It's great for last-minute get-togethers because it takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and peanuts. In a small bowl, combine the butter and spices; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 2-3/4 quarts.
Originally published as Spicy Chipotle Snack Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p173
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spicy Chipotle Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2014
"I didn't have any Chex mix on hand, so I used regular and nacho flavored Bugles. It turned out really well. I had several requests for the recipe."