- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Chili
"I decided I wanted to try to make homemade chili for the first time so I figured I would look up recipes when I came across this. It caught my eye by the name because I love spicy food so I decided to try it. The first time I made it I added the sausage as it says in the directions but was not a huge fan. That definitely did not stop me from finishing the pot though. I decided to make it again but modified it by not adding sausage but doubling up on the beef instead and adding an extra can of beans. Much better. There were a couple ingredients I did not add such as oregano and brown mustard both times but it was absolutely delicious and will definitely continue to use this recipe."
"My family loves spicy chili and this recipe has replaced our all-time favorite! Although I plan to follow the recipe exactly next time, I did have to make a few substitutions for ingredients on hand. I used half lean ground beef and half ground turkey, but I'm sure it would be better with the sausage (which would be spicy turkey sausage for us). I had no jalapenos, so I drained a can of Rotel tomatoes and used that instead. This was fabulous!!"
"First time trying this recipe, I will have to say it was very good!! Recommend it! I left out the mustard and vinegar, added everything else .. Very good! will definitely make again."
"Very good! Will make again."
"I made this a couple of weeks back and everyone at worked Loved it. I did add a few things. 1 TBL of cayenne, (1) 28 ounce of tomato sauce, and 1 TBL of smoked paprika. This time I'm deleting the cayenne but adding 1 TBL of ground Thai peppers. I'll let ya know how this turns out :) I let this chili cook in a slow cooker for 2 days. the heat kinda dissipated . so this time I followed the direction somewhat. a half hour before serving I added 5 more ground up thai peppers. I did add half the tomato sauce."