- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Chili
Sort By :
"First time trying this recipe, I will have to say it was very good!! Recommend it! I left out the mustard and vinegar, added everything else .. Very good! will definitely make again."
"Very good! Will make again."
"I made this a couple of weeks back and everyone at worked Loved it. I did add a few things. 1 TBL of cayenne, (1) 28 ounce of tomato sauce, and 1 TBL of smoked paprika. This time I'm deleting the cayenne but adding 1 TBL of ground Thai peppers. I'll let ya know how this turns out :) I let this chili cook in a slow cooker for 2 days. the heat kinda dissipated . so this time I followed the direction somewhat. a half hour before serving I added 5 more ground up thai peppers. I did add half the tomato sauce."
"i actually used the base of this recipe for a food challenge for my friend. I put in 3 tblspn of Cayenne and 5 jalapeno peppers along with 2 drops of pure capsasin. I also used pork mixed with the beef. You get a better taste that way. Lean and fatty at the same time. This is a very decent beginners recipe for chili."
"Excellent recipe. I used sweet italian sausage and vidalia onions to counter the heat because.......I added two ghost chili peppers. It was phenomenal!"