Spicy Chili Dip
With chili powder, red pepper flakes and picante sauce, this dip has plenty of kick! I like to take it to parties and never have to worry about bringing home leftovers. —Joan Kittler, Western Springs, Illinois
40 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh vegetables and corn or tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Beat
- in the onion, garlic, chili powder and pepper flakes. Stir in
- picante sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 4 hours. Serve with vegetables and chips. Yield: about 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 56 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.