With chili powder, red pepper flakes and picante sauce, this dip has plenty of kick! I like to take it to parties and never have to worry about bringing home leftovers. —Joan Kittler, Western Springs, Illinois
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh vegetables and corn or tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Beat in the onion, garlic, chili powder and pepper flakes. Stir in picante sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with vegetables and chips. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Chili Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spicy Chili Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review