Spicy Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cayenne and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil and cumin; mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a skillet, saute chicken in remaining butter until juices run clear. Add chicken to tomato sauce; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 472 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,684 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.