Spicy Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cayenne and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil and cumin; mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a skillet, saute chicken in remaining butter until juices run clear. Add chicken to tomato sauce; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 472 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1684mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken
"If you like spicy, this is fantastic! I've made this many times and LOVE it."
"I made this to share with another family. My husband loved it!"
"My daughter and I love the flavor and this is a great dish to make when you're hankering for something with a bite!"
"very good. left out the table spoon of salt.doubled the garlic. next time will dbl the hot pepper flakes."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.