- 32 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2 cups hot pepper sauce
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canola oil
- Place the wings in greased large baking pans. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and water until smooth. Stir in the pepper sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in oil.
- Drain wings; transfer to large roasting pans. Top with sauce and stir to coat. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly glazed and heated through. Yield: about 24 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Wings
Sort By :
"Has this been updated for the baking time."
"It says it makes about 24 dozen. However if you think about it that is 288 wings. Now I don't know about you, but I don't consider one wing a serving! So you might plan accordingly."
"The recipe says to bake 40-50 minutes , make sauce , put sauce on wings and bake another 45-55 minutes whic would be a total of 85-105 minutes baking time but the baking time at the top of the recipe is 45 minutes. Is the second baking time with the sauce wrong????"
"You could use low sodium soy sauce to decrease the sodium a little."
"Seems like that much soy sauce would make this a very high sodium recipe."