Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe
- 32 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2 cups hot pepper sauce
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1. Place the wings in greased large baking pans. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and water until smooth. Stir in the pepper sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in oil.
- 3. Drain wings; transfer to large roasting pans. Top with sauce and stir to coat. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly glazed and heated through. Yield: about 24 dozen.
1 wing equals 133 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer