Spicy Chicken Wings
This is a family recipe from a woman in our church. We increased the quantity to feed hungry teens at our annual gathering of over 100 students from the area.—Gay Avery, Massena, New York
288 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 32 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2 cups hot pepper sauce
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canola oil
- Place the wings in greased large baking pans. Bake at 375° for
- 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and
- water until smooth. Stir in the pepper sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in oil.
- Drain wings; transfer to large roasting pans. Top with sauce and stir
- to coat. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
- lightly glazed and heated through. Yield: about 24 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wing equals 133 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.