These fall-off-the-bone tender wings have just the right amount of heat. The creamy, blue cheese dressing has a slight tartness that creates the perfect flavor combination for dipping.—Kevalyn Henderson, Hayward, Wisconsin
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds frozen chicken wingettes and drumettes, thawed
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- BLUE CHEESE DIP:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, salt, orange peel, garlic and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Transfer chicken to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cayenne, pepper sauce and reserved marinade. Drizzle over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, turning once. In a small bowl, whisk the dip ingredients. Serve with wings. Yield: 2 dozen (1-3/4 cups dip).
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Wings in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p216
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review