Spicy Chicken Wings
This area is known for its chicken wings, and these are the best I've ever tasted. They make great appetizers.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 16 to 18 chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Carrots and celery sticks
- Blue cheese dressing
- Cut wings into three pieces; discard the wing tips. Fry chicken in
- hot oil until crisp and juices run clear (5-7 minutes for small
- part, 6-8 minutes for drumettes).
- Combine butter, hot pepper sauce and vinegar in a bowl; add chicken
- and toss to coat. Drain. Serve with carrots, celery and dressing.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer