Spicy Chicken Tomato Pitas for Two Recipe
- TOMATO RELISH:
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- CHICKEN PITAS:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1. Combine the relish ingredients; chill until serving.
- 2. Combine the cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, pepper flakes and salt; rub over both sides of chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 3. Slice chicken. Fill each pita half with chicken and tomato relish. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 362 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.