Spicy Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1. In a small bowl, combine water and seasonings; brush over both sides of chicken tenders. Place in a bowl and toss to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Tenders
"Excellent recipe, my husband absolutely LOVED it and it's become a "regular" on our menu. It is so easy to prepare, too! I've actually been cooking it in a pan on the stovetop and that has worked out well, I keep it covered so that I don't lose the juiciness of the chicken. I also marinate in a glass or stainless bowl for 30+ minutes and I like the amount of spice it retains. I've been serving it with a garlic brown rice and quinoa mix as well as ~12oz of edamame (soybeans) that I saute with a tablespoon of butter, some minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and a drizzle of sriracha sauce. It ends up being a flavorful, filling, healthy meal that fills the kitchen with a delicious aroma. Easy + healthy + delicious = a keeper for me!"
"This was amazing. Will make again!!"
"its delicious and yummy"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.