Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, stir 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon cornstarch until smooth. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, combine chicken and pepper flakes; stir-fry over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry the broccoli, onion and garlic in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the broth, ginger and remaining soy sauce and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and walnuts; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 466 calories, 33 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.