Spicy Chicken Stew Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 cup lime-garlic salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in cilantro. Top with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 344 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Stew
"Very good. Used chicken thighs browned and simmered with the garlic; served with sour cream, corn muffins with cilantro butter. Will make again!"
"I made this at DH's request. It was pretty good. I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, added 2 sliced carrots and used regular salsa rather than try to find "lime garlic salsa". I didn't have and cilantro, so I ommitted that. All in all very good, quick, and easy! Even my 15 month old liked it! I served with warm rolls."
"Very easy and delicious!"