Spicy Chicken Stew
Time saving tip--purchase boneless skinless chicken thighs.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 cup lime-garlic salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir
- in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer for 15
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in cilantro. Top
- with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 344 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.