Spicy Chicken Stew Recipe
Time saving tip--purchase boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 cup lime-garlic salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in cilantro. Top with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 344 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC