Time saving tip--purchase boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 cup lime-garlic salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in cilantro. Top with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Stew in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p90
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review